Setting up for a PHP application

Apr 5, 2008 at 12:29 AM
Edited Apr 5, 2008 at 12:29 AM
Hi. I've gone through the documentation and have found it a bit difficult to go through the process of setting the whole thing up. I'm new here and would appreciate if you could provide some information on how to set up a basic php application and enable rewriting of all URLs. Cheers!
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2008 at 2:46 AM
Look in the nUrlRewriter project folder under the Sample Configurations folder and then under the Integrated Pipeline subfolder. You will see a web.config file which illustrates defining nUrlRewriter for IIS7. IIS7 is a prerequisite for being able to redirect/ rewrite PHP apps. For this web.config you will need to add the appropriate topLevelExtensions to the nUrlRewriter configuration. Adding the PHP extension is illustrated in the documentation under Advanced Installation / topLevelExtensions. Just add the PHP extension and you are good to go.

One of the great things about nUrlRewriter is the trace facility....which is good to use while validating/ testing the various redirect/ rewrites that you want to conduct. Many people also claim to get headaches whenever they have to use regular expressions...however the trace facility helps you easily validate your regular expressions before going live.

inash wrote:
Hi. I've gone through the documentation and have found it a bit difficult to go through the process of setting the whole thing up. I'm new here and would appreciate if you could provide some information on how to set up a basic php application and enable rewriting of all URLs. Cheers!