DotNetNuke

Mar 31, 2008 at 11:39 PM
Hi Phillip, thanks for posting this up here.

I'm sure you were waiting for this one, I'm using dnn for a lot of my sites and agree that rewrite.net doesn't have very good documentation. Have you used this for dnn yet? If so, could you post up some examples of your config etc, would appreciate it.
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2008 at 11:56 PM
I have developed several Http Modules, namely SSLRedirect and HttpCompressionAgent, which target both native ASP.NET and DNN web applications, I am certain nUrlRewriter will work equally as well with DNN as with native ASP.NET web apps. All you need to do is to declare the web.config nUrlRewriter specific configuration section, then define the web.config nUrlRewriter specific configuration section (either in the web.config or referenced in an external config file via the configSource attribute)....and then define nUrlRewriter in the list of many DNN Http Modules. Not knowing your specific DNN installation and what (if any) third party add-ins you have you will need to be careful where you place nUrlRewriter in the web.config httpModules configuration section. It will need to go somewhere near the beginning. I will work up a DNN sample and post another reply to your discussion question in a day or so. Thanks for your question.

SheldonCohen wrote:

I'm sure you were waiting for this one, I'm using dnn for a lot of my sites and agree that rewrite.net doesn't have very good documentation. Have you used this for dnn yet? If so, could you post up some examples of your config etc, would appreciate it.

Apr 1, 2008 at 12:12 AM
Great thanks, we've been using SSLRedirect on a site or two and love it by the way, keep up the great work!

plippard wrote:
I have developed several Http Modules, namely SSLRedirect and HttpCompressionAgent, which target both native ASP.NET and DNN web applications, I am certain nUrlRewriter will work equally as well with DNN as with native ASP.NET web apps. All you need to do is to declare the web.config nUrlRewriter specific configuration section, then define the web.config nUrlRewriter specific configuration section (either in the web.config or referenced in an external config file via the configSource attribute)....and then define nUrlRewriter in the list of many DNN Http Modules. Not knowing your specific DNN installation and what (if any) third party add-ins you have you will need to be careful where you place nUrlRewriter in the web.config httpModules configuration section. It will need to go somewhere near the beginning. I will work up a DNN sample and post another reply to your discussion question in a day or so. Thanks for your question.

SheldonCohen wrote:

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2008 at 2:24 AM
I have posted release 2.0.0.3, which contains a sample DotNetNuke web.config file, per your request. Let me know if you have further questions.

SheldonCohen wrote:
Great thanks, we've been using SSLRedirect on a site or two and love it by the way, keep up the great work!

plippard wrote:

SheldonCohen wrote:

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:40 PM
Great, thanks.

plippard wrote:
I have posted release 2.0.0.3, which contains a sample DotNetNuke web.config file, per your request. Let me know if you have further questions.

SheldonCohen wrote:

plippard wrote:

SheldonCohen wrote: